WFDF seeks bids to host upcoming 2019 WFDF World Overall ChampionshipsJohannes Petz | 27. März 2018
The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) Board of Directors and Overall Committee are seeking bids from potential host organizers for the upcoming WFDF 2019 World Overall Championships (WOC). Intentions to bid are due by 15 April and final bids are due by 15 May.
The tournament will feature competitions in seven flying disc disciplines — Freestyle, Double Disc Court, Discathon, Accuracy, Disc Golf, Distance and Self-Caught Flight and Champions will be crowned for each individual discipline. The Freestyle event will be recognized by the Freestyle Players Association (FPA) as a Major Title. The World Overall champions will be awarded based on a tally of points on three or more disciplines contested by a player – Champions will be crowned by Age and Gender -Open, Women’s, Masters, Grand Masters, Senior Grand Masters, Legends and Juniors.
Any individual, group, organization or club may bid to host the event. If you are considering in preparing a bid, we kindly ask for initial expressions of interest (EoI) from all prospective bidders/hosts. The details collected during the EoI phase are intended to provide a basic overview of all candidates and to enable WFDF to deal direct in supplying advice, templates and bid guideline documents. All information received throughout the event bidding process will be treated with confidence.
• Applicants are requested to inform WFDF of their intention to bid PRIOR to 15th April, 2018. Please note that all bids must be sent in using the official WFDF bid and budget templates which will be emailed to you upon receipt of your expression of interest.
• The deadline for submitting completed bids and provisional budget is PRIOR to 15th May, 2018.
• The bid review process and 2nd round questions/interviews will be carried out throughout the last two weeks of May.
• It is anticipated that the bid will be awarded and announced no later than mid-June, 2018.
• Bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Overall Committee with final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors.
For information about this event, the bidding process please contact:
• Karina Woldt – WFDF Event Manager. (Karina.firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Tomas Burvall – WFDF Overall Committee Chair. (Tomas.email@example.com)
Templates & Guidelines
Step 1 – Fill out the Expression of Interest to host form (EoI): https://goo.gl/forms/tVCyfvVPTGnQOd9a2
Step 2 – Bid submission – all bid and budget templates and bid guidelines will be provided upon receipt of your EoI and discussions around suitable dates not clashing with other 2019 Flying Disc events.
The 2017 WOC was hosted in Basingstoke UK and before that in 2015 in Norrkoeping Sweden, with 100 athletes at each event.
World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF)
Enggasse 2a, D – 55296 Harxheim, Germany
Mobile: +49 176 64 19 77 02